Dr. Michael Dallaire
Michael Dallaire (www.michaeldallaire.com) is an educator and a writer. In addition to undergraduate degrees in the humanities, theology, and education, he holds a Masters of Arts in Theology (Christian Ethics) from St. Paul University in Ottawa and a Doctorate in Education (Philosophy) from the University of Toronto.
He served for twenty-five years as a chaplain in various locations, mostly within Ontario’s Catholic education system. He has taught in the Master of Religious Education program at St. Paul University in Ottawa and been involved in the training of Catholic teachers and administrators. Professionally certified as a teacher in the provinces of Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia he is now retired. Currently he is a member of the Canadian Academy of Independent Scholars and of Spiritual Directors International. He is the author of ‘Teaching With The Wind: Spirituality in Canadian Education’, published in 2011 by the University Press of America. His most recent publication is a book of poetry called 'Sojourner Poems'.
Michael lives in Vancouver, BC and devotes his energy to writing about and educating for engaged spirituality.
Sojourner Poems. Vancouver, BC. 2017.
Teaching With The Wind: Spirituality in Canadian Education. The University Press of America, 2011.
Contemplation in Liberation: A Method for Spiritual Education in the Schools. Edwin Mellen Press, 2001.
- Doctorate in Education, Philosophy. OISE at the University of Toronto (1999)
- Diploma in Education, Catholic Studies. McGill University (1989)
- Master of Arts in Theology, Christian Ethics. St. Paul University & Ottawa University (1988)
- Bachelor of Theology, Ecclesial and Civil Degrees.St. Paul University & Ottawa University (1983)
- Bachelor of Arts. Queen's University (1977)
- Certificate in Spiritual Direction, The Centre for Spiritual Growth, Ottawa, 1986.
- Clinical Pastoral Education at Andover Newton Theological School, Boston MA. 1983.
- British Columbia Teacher Certification, Independent Schools (Retired)
- Ontario Teacher Certification (Retired)
- The Canadian Academy of Independent Scholars
Spirituality and the Hermeneutics of Hope; Leadership and Spirituality